ADDITIONAL CAMP INFORMATION
– One Classic East African Style permanent tented camp with installed plumbing and electricity.
– An unfenced environment – animals freely roam through camp and between the tents.
– 8 guest tents in total – 6 individually placed and a 2-tent family unit. Each unit set well apart for added privacy.
– Tents configured as twin or double. Singles available at a surcharge. Triples and quads (for younger children) possible upon request.
– One large 8 x 8 meter centrally located dining and lounge tent.
– Piped water heated by kuni-boilers for running hot and cold water and flush toilets.
– Inverter-powered all night lighting in all tents.
– Open 4×4 Toyota Land Cruisers used for game drives. Night drives are included. Day drives included on Game Package option only.
– Open all year, except April and May when the camp closes during the long rains.
– All bookings must be made in advance at the reservations office in Arusha
DRIVING TIME TO CAMP
Arusha Airport 1 hour 30 minutes
Kilimanjaro Airport 2 hours 30 minutes
Manyara Airstrip 1 hour 30 minutes
Tarangire Main Gate 30 minutes (part game drive)
Manyara Main Gate 1 hour
Ngorongoro Main Gate 2 hours
Ngorongoro Crater Floor 2 hours 30 minutes
Serengeti Naabi Gate 3 hours 30 minutes
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO CAMP
Coming from Makuyuni (Arusha, Manyara, Ngorongoro, Serengeti)
1. Drive 10 kilometers past Makuyuni towards Tarangire.
2. At the top of a gentle rise, are the fist speed bumps after leaving Makuyuni.
3. Turn right upon arriving at the bumps and head towards the West, in the direction of Lake Manyara. There is a a small stone signpost with the wording “Manyara Ranch Conservancy” at the start of the track leading to camp.
4. Follow the track towards Lake Manyara. There are a number of signposts showing the way to the camp, which is located 6 km from the tarmac road.